INSECTLIFE – Innovative Real-time Monitoring and Pest control for Insects LIFE13 ENV/HU/001092
Duration of the project:
1.6.2014. – 31.12. 2018.
Center for Agricultural Research, Hungarian Academy of Science
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Agriculture; Croatia, HELION Engineering Consulting Service Ltd .; Hungary, DeakDelta; Hungary
Web page: INSECTLIFE
The INSECTLIFE project plans to further develop the EDAPHOLOG pest management tool, which would allow the system to detect pests and beneficial insects. The project plans to combine various CSALOMON® pheromone traps for some pest species and EDAPHOLOG sensors into a new design, allowing pest outbreaks to be recognized and population changes in immediate and automatic form. The automatic counting technique can obtain much more accurate data than traditional calculation methods.
Specific objectives of the project:
- Prototype this system and test it in the field
- Measure and show a significant reduction in the burden on agriculture as a result of using the system
- Ensure insect population dynamics and pest prediction by measuring and forecasting local meteorological parameters
- Demonstrate the benefits and environmental benefits of field research in four pilot areas, the results will be presented in a number of professional forums, trainings and postgraduate training.
Expected project results:
- Development of the ARTHROLOG prototype and its components
- Demonstration of 200 traps for air, earth and crawling insects. These traps are mechanical in structure, based on CSALOMON® pheromone traps
- Demonstration of 200 different sensors, including daylight sensors, capacitive sensors, CCD sensors, IR optoelectronic sensors
- Demonstration of 75 places that record and transmit data via SMS or the Internet to the server
- Development of a central database and web application DATAWEB
- Combined findings from many years of field and demonstration research, covering four different areas (including orchards and arable land)
- Demonstration of probe accuracy and tool utility
- Reducing the use of pesticides at project sites
- Demonstration of the overall efficiency of the cost system.
*Source: INSECTLIFE – LIFE database