LIFE Artina – network for the conservation of seabirds in the Adriatic, LIFE17 NAT/HR/000594
Duration of the project:
1/9/2018 – 31/8/2023
BIOM Association, Croatia
BirdLife Malta, Malta, Association for Nature, Environment and Sustainable Development Sunce, Croatia, Public Institution Nature Park Lastovo Islands, Croatia
Web page: LIFE Artina
- Identify marine (offshore and coastal) areas important for birds (IBA) in the southern part of Croatia for 3 species of seabirds (Mediterranean gull, caucasus and gregula).
- Understand and assess the main threats affecting land and sea seabird populations within the project area and define activities to mitigate them.
- Eradicate terrestrial alien and invasive species (rats) affecting nesting colonies of pigeons and control the population of blue-headed gulls on nesting colonies of Mediterranean gulls.
- Marine POPs in southern Croatia declared pelagic birds
- Improved conservation status of the Mediterranean gull, caucasus and gregula
- Eradicated / reduced number of terrestrial predators and competitors on nesting colonies
*Source: LIFE Artina – LIFE database