LIFE Clim’Foot – Climate Management: Implementing Public Policies to Calculate and Reduce the Carbon Footprint of Organizations LIFE14 GIC/FR/000475
Duration of the project:
1.9.2015. – 31.8.2018.
Total project value:
Agence de l’Environnement et de la Maîtrise de l’Energie
Hrvoje Požar Institute, Croatia, HOI, Hungary, CRES (Center for Renewable Energy Sources and Saving), Greece, IFC (Institut de Formation Carbone), France, Ecoinn (Ecoinnovazione S.r.l.), Italy, ENEA (Agenzia Nazionale per le Nuove Tecnologie, l’Energia e lo Sviluppo Economico Sostenibile), Italy.
Web page: LIFE Clim˙Foot
In order to establish a harmonized approach to the calculation of the carbon footprint at the level of the European Union, the implementation of the Clim’Foot project “Climate Governance: Implementing public policies to calculate and reduce carbon footprint organizations), in five European Union countries: France, Italy, Greece, Hungary and Croatia.
At the heart of the LIFE Clim’Foot project is the development and application of a carbon footprint model, adapted to Croatian conditions, based on the French Bilan Carbone model and international methods, guidelines and standards for carbon footprint calculation.
The goal of the Clim’Foot project is to support the implementation of public policies that will give incentives to public and private organizations to calculate and reduce carbon emissions.
Specific objectives of the project:
- Launch a European network gathered around the concept of “Carbon Footprint of Organizations” (CFO) in accordance with the requirements of the European Union, and in particular the “Single Market for Green Products initiative”
- Develop a capacity building program to train national policy makers in the implementation of public policies aimed at calculating and reducing CFOs
- Link the entire value chain – from policy makers to investors – at EU level, to implement effective mitigation plans that will improve their environmental footprint and increase competitiveness
Expected project results:
- Development of a platform for cooperation that will include an online tool for the implementation of national public policies to reduce CFOs in five countries
- Training of five national policy makers in the design and implementation of national public policies to reduce CFOs
- Development of country-specific materials that will support the design and implementation of public policies, in particular the development of end-user training tools and national databases
- Implement five national public policies in France, Greece, Croatia, Italy and Hungary that will help public and private organizations calculate and reduce their carbon footprint. Voluntary programs covering at least 90 organizations will be established
- Connecting investors with organizations seeking funding to reduce their carbon footprint
- Training of at least 30 European policy makers (from the consortium) as part of the preparations for the repetition and transfer of project results
- Publish at least 15 articles and organize five project presentations (including an international conference) directly aimed at European Union policy makers.
*Source: LIFE Clim’Foot – LIFE database